" Kt's video's: Have you seen my daughter?

Sometimes you have to see it to believe it... We have videos that make you say wow...

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Have you seen my daughter?

My son was graduating from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, so we were showing our appreciation for him receiving his bachelor degree. So we had a group of 12 people who was his motivational support when he walks. While filming the graduation my twin sister asked me where was her sister with me? I said no. She responded we don't know where she is. Of course I thought nothing of it because as I said we were in a group so one of us would surely see her. After about a half hour I was walking around the auditorium to find a place to sit and I found the group. Now no one has seen my daughter for over 30 minutes. My thinking is she is just in a different area and we would find her. Now its one hour later and still no Kendra. So the group says maybe you should go and look for her. So I and a friend began searching the auditorium and we can not find her. I have to admit I am getting nervous. My daughters seem to think because they look like women that no one will bother them. I continually tell them the world is not safe and if you knew the number of girls and woman that come up missing you would quit wondering off like that... The story that I always think of is John Walsh and how he lost his son Adam. The longer I realize that she is missing the more worried I am getting. So I reported her missing to the security guard she immediately initiated a call that a black teenager girl 5'8" 190 pounds 14 was missing. Her sister was very worried that something had happened to her sister, she kept asking me had I seen her yet? This only gave me an opportunity to reinforce what I had been saying about how easy it is to come up missing. I think she finally gets it now. So after we canvased the auditorium again, I decide to go back to the hotel to see if she was their on the computer. Unfortunately she was not their so I am wondering what has happened to her? Then I saw a police officer and I told him we could not find my daughter but I was trying to wait until the graduation was over before I have them do a amber alert. So we posted people at the front and back door checking everyone coming in and out of the gym. Unfortunately we did not see her, so I called the police and they were their in five minutes!!! I described my daughter and told him where we saw her last. My fiance decided to go back to the hotel to make another check. So while I am talking to the police my phone rings, it my finance telling me my daughter is at the hotel. I guess that I am more disappointed with her for her careless behavior and lack of consideration that she had for everyone who was searching for her! I never thought that anything like that could happen to me but because it did I want everyone to be prepared in case something like ever happens to your family you will know what to do. Please do the following immediately: Contact local law enforcement division of crimes against children unit and inform them of the situation. Request from law enforcement that your child be entered into National Crime and Information Center (N.C.I.C.). Register your child with the following clearing houses: Child Protection Education of America: 1-866-USA-CHILD National Center for Missing and Exploited Children: 1-800-843-5678 Try to remain calm. A calm head will help you remember details around the time of your child's disappearance. Getting these details written down as soon as possible and giving them to the authorities could prove to be crucial in solving your child's case. Once your child has been located, remember to call or email all persons involved in the search. Also, don't forget the posters that might have been placed in the community.

No comments:

Did you Know