" Kt's video's: Memphis, murders just keep happening!

Sometimes you have to see it to believe it... We have videos that make you say wow...

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Memphis, murders just keep happening!

When I moved to Memphis, TN in 2003 I thought it would be a great place to make a name for myself. I heard about the city and its reputations said it was a tough town. I generally am not a news watcher but imagine my horror, my first week in Memphis the news reported 7 murders in July. I was wondering what did I get myself into? Within the last couple of months Memphis is gaining star status not from Beale street or the Blues, but from "murder".


The Lester Street Killing
was a massacre that involved 4 adults and 2 children . This happened because Jessie Dotson, 33 who was release from prison August 2007 for murder; had a disagreement with his bother Cecil Dotson and killed him and everyone in the house so they could not identify him. His mistake was that 2 children survived the attack and identified the killer.
Once again Memphis keeps gaining attentions for what they continue to do, and that is kill. Memphis has gain a reputation for having filed more Bankruptcy's, having the most obese and one of the most stressed cities to live in.

To make matters on February 12, 2008 30-year-old James Hawkins had chopped off his girlfriends head, hand and feet and dumped the body in Mississippi River. The sad point to this story is that the father made the daughter help him dispose of the body after he killed the mother.






























One last story to ad fuel to the fire, their have been 2 separte incidents of school shootings over a disagreement, funny kids don't fight any more/they shoot. Now on occasion if they do fight the looser still will shoot as well. If the rod had not been spared then we would not have this problem.

The reason that I wrote the story is what is Mayor Herenton going to do to solve this problem that Memphis has? I wish that it was only a Memphis problem but when you look at the top 10 list of dangerous cities Memphis is number 6 and Miami number 9. So what is that telling you, the world is in tormoil and all these violent crimes being commited every day is is a sign of the times!

No comments:

Did you Know